Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 690-0029
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I currently have two BENQ GW2480 LED monitors connected, and had no trouble at all for three months (since I bought the monitors). This morning still was fine when I woke the system, and then just an hour later, when I tried to wake it again, both screens would not show anything (power still on and connected). I unplugged the secondard BENQ and the first BENQ (main monitor) is fine after restart. At this point when I tried to replug second BENQ, this second monitor still remains black, and the first monitor's mouse becomes super laggy, everything on the monitor becomes laggy. This issue goes away if I unplug the second monitor. I've repeated the process couple of times and the lagginess of the 1st monitor remains (while second monitor remains black) whenever the second monitor is plugged in.

I actually had this same problem before, when my second monitor was an old LG. My main monitor at the time was the same BENQ. At the time I thought the old LG had gone bad, so I purchased an identitcal BENQ, and the problem was resolved. Now that the same problem is reoccuring I'm thinking it could be a video card problem?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Haitoku,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Repair System Registry and Files
    ​Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC) tools as Administrator. The DISM and SFC tools scan the integrity of the Windows image and all protected system files replaces corrupted, damaged and incorrect versions.

To run the DISM command use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin). Type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" (without quotes) and press Enter. While running DISM you may notice the process will appear to pause at 20%. After a few minutes, the operation will continue.​​

To run the SFC command use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).  Type "SFC /SCANNOW" (without quotes) and press Enter.  For more information on using SFC, please refer to the Microsoft KBUse the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files​
  2. Corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files
    This error can also be caused if the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed on the local machine are corrupted. To address the issue:
    1. Note down the versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables currently listed in Programs & Features.
    2. Install the downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages.
    3. Uninstall all versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ currently installed
    4. Visit the following link and download and save a fresh copy of these Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables.
  3. Update Windows
    The AMD Installer requires Windows to be fully updated.  Please run Windows Update and apply all available critical and important updates.

4. Resolve driver and software conflicts
    Driver cleaning software, such as the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility or Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), can completely remove any existing or damaged driver files and registry entries, thereby allowing a successful installation of the latest AMD driver software package.

For instructions on how to use and download the AMD Clean Uninstall Tool, please visit this page.  Display Driver Uninstaller can be downloaded here.

Note!  DDU is a third party application. Please refer to the program documentation for more information, it is to be used at your own risk.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Haitoku,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

How are the monitors connected to the computer?

Meanwhile, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @The_Fossette,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry I forgot about this thread as the monitors started working again shortly after I posted this thread and before your reply. All I did was unplug main monitor, then startup with just 2nd monitor on, then replug "main" monitor back in after the computer was operational after start up.

Main monitor is using HDMI, and second monitor is using one of the three Display Port slots on the card.

BUT. It happened again yesterday, same problem. I am trying to use your method now. But I went to the link, but under "Driver-Graphics", there's 7 options? Which one should I choose? Also in BIOS, there's two options: "ROM Family SSID 8433" and "ROM Family SSID 8436". Again which one should I choose?

I think I need to update BIOS as I also have another problem: whenever I startup, most of the time I can't, and it leads to a blue screen that says "Boot Device Not Found....Hard Disk - (3F0)". Maybe I will create another thread for that problem. I can only resolve it every time by running F2 System Diagnostic and a Quick Hard Disk Scan (which doesn't report any problem), and then manually restart.

Thanks for your reply in advance.

HP Recommended

@Haitoku,

I recommend you download and install the drivers from the below link.

Graphics: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp91001-91500/sp91466.exe

BIOS: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93303.exe

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

The BIOS file I ran it and had no troubles.

The graphics file, I have tried to install it three times, but each time it gave me a same error: "Raedon Software (17.7) has not been installed. Error 1603 - A general error has occurred during the installation of the AMD software package."

How should I proceed?

HP Recommended

@Haitoku,

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Repair System Registry and Files
    ​Run the Windows Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) and System File Checker (SFC) tools as Administrator. The DISM and SFC tools scan the integrity of the Windows image and all protected system files replaces corrupted, damaged and incorrect versions.

To run the DISM command use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu, then select Command Prompt (Admin). Type "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" (without quotes) and press Enter. While running DISM you may notice the process will appear to pause at 20%. After a few minutes, the operation will continue.​​

To run the SFC command use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).  Type "SFC /SCANNOW" (without quotes) and press Enter.  For more information on using SFC, please refer to the Microsoft KBUse the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files​
  2. Corrupted Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files
    This error can also be caused if the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed on the local machine are corrupted. To address the issue:
    1. Note down the versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables currently listed in Programs & Features.
    2. Install the downloaded Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable packages.
    3. Uninstall all versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ currently installed
    4. Visit the following link and download and save a fresh copy of these Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables.
  3. Update Windows
    The AMD Installer requires Windows to be fully updated.  Please run Windows Update and apply all available critical and important updates.

4. Resolve driver and software conflicts
    Driver cleaning software, such as the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility or Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU), can completely remove any existing or damaged driver files and registry entries, thereby allowing a successful installation of the latest AMD driver software package.

For instructions on how to use and download the AMD Clean Uninstall Tool, please visit this page.  Display Driver Uninstaller can be downloaded here.

Note!  DDU is a third party application. Please refer to the program documentation for more information, it is to be used at your own risk.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@The_Fossette,

Thank you!

I ran DISM and SFC commands they both ran fine with no errors, but afterwards I still had the same error when installing the AMD driver.

Then I tried the AMD Clean Install Utility, and restarted. Afterwards I could successfully complete the AMD driver installation. Hopefully my original problem with my monitors is completely resolved and won't pop up again). 

Thanks again!

HP Recommended

@Haitoku,

Perfect, I am really glad to hear that!

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.