Woogie654
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Display Issue

HP Recommended
Pavilion 23xi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have two HP monitors and with the new Windows 10 update, version 1903, my 23xi monitor now has some discoloration and granular effect to one side. I have downloaded the latest update for the 23xi, but it has not changed.  Also, my 23cw monitor is having no issues with the upgrade. Any suggestions? Can this be fixed?I don't want to buy another monitor for a Windows Upgrade.

1 REPLY 1
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 21,032 1,399 2,365
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Woogie654,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

This looks like an issue with the Monitor. However, I would suggest you could try these steps here: 

Have you tried to connect this monitor to another computer and check. 

While you respond, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the Monitor: 

Cycle the power on the monitor as follows:

1. Turn off the monitor. The power light on the monitor should be off. Leave the computer turned on.

2. Unplug the power cord.

3. Wait 5 seconds.

4. Plug in the power cord.

5. Press the power button on the monitor to turn on the monitor.

Alternatively, you can try to do a factory reset or Restore factory defaults on the Monitor: 

If the monitor has a factory reset or restore option, set it. Press the Menu button on the front panel and select Factory Reset.

Wait 5 seconds and then turn on the computer by pressing the Power button again.

Let me know how it goes for further assistance. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation