Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2470ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've just purchased a new P204 HP monitor to go with my HP desktop machine which has AMD Radeon HD7570 card. The optimum res of the new monitor is 1600 x 900 but the best I can get is 1280 x 720. In Win10 settings that is the only option available and is greyed out. Have updated all drivers and system. Saw a prev post about similar issue, the fix mentioned rolling back the Radeon driver. That option is also greyed out in Device Manager
My old monitor HP2011x is ok, and when both are connected as dual setup, I get 1600 x 900 on the old, and 1280 x 720 on the new.

I've actually bought 2 new monitors so most dissapointing if I can't get 1600 x 900
Why can't I get the optimum on the new ? Thanks v. much in anticipation.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.