Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Today my all in one desktop computer display became distorted with fuzzy vertical and horizontal lines. I can't access any programs.... I'm not a computer tech person, I'm asking if this happened with anyone else.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PaulDTaylor -- does your computer have some sort of "video-output" port, where an external monitor can be attached? If so, attach a monitor, and tell us if that screen also is messed-up. That would imply a hardware problem with the video-circuits on your computer's motherboard. If the external monitor is fine, then something is wrong with the internal screen (maybe a loose connection between the screen and the motherboard? )

HP Recommended

Hi. I don't have another display but I did connect the unit to my smart tv using html port. And it displayed on the tv screen. So far I've spoken to two local computer experts, one of them my cousin, and both say the best thing to do is find a compatible monitor and use the all-in-one as a CPU. 

HP Recommended

@PaulDTaylor -- I agree with your experts. But, if you have a huge screen on your smart-TV, you may wish to use that as your primary screen, unless somebody who shares your home wants to watch TV while you are wanting to use the TV as your screen.  Maybe, your smart-TV supports "picture-within-a-picture", to logically split the screen into two non-overlapping windows, to let the two of you "share" the screen.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.