Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP S2031a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to have display on Windows 10 64 bit and Mac Book ProHP.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello
although it can be useful, the driver is not mandatory under windows, a microsoft driver must be installed
however you can try the update available for windows 8 ..

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-s2031a-20-inch-widescreen-lcd-monitor/...

What are the Information Files Required for a Monitor Driver?
For mac, you should go and consult specialized mac forums!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

Used Windows 8 drivers.

Still no display on 

1. Windows 10 - 2 different devices 

2. Macbook Pro.

HP Recommended

be more explicit
no driver needed, for the screen to work
if you have no display, you may have a hardware problem

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, 

I am unable to use the VGA port for 3 devices - 2 Windows 10 Devices and 1 Mac Device. The objective is to use the external display with a KVM switch.

These devices work with the DVI port though.

I am able to use 2 older devices - Mac devices with old OS with the VGA port and also through KVM switch VGA ports.

Note  : I am using a VGA to HDMI converter and DVI to HDMI converter in all cases.

I have read that the issue is with the old drivers which are unable to support the display and so I get an error that Screen 2 is not available. 

Kindly assist.

HP Recommended

sorry, I do not understand everything, and do not know this type of material
but it is not from the screen driver in my opinion!
Check more graphics driver, kvm device driver used ..
Anyway, there are no other drivers available for this screen, nothing to do on this side, apart from those already given

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.