Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to use my new touch monitor with my HP Envy desktop. There is only one open HDMI port and the other one is blocked at the top. I was thinking I would use an HMDI splitter to be able to plug in my second touch monitor. Will this work or will I only ever be able to use one monitor with this desktop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just in case someone also has the same simple question, you can simply get a converter for the other display ports in the back of the HP Envy desktop. I got a HDMI/Display ports converter and the second monitor was immediately recognized by my computer. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Brisme wrote:

... I was thinking I would use an HMDI splitter to be able to plug in my second touch monitor. Will this work or will I only ever be able to use one monitor with this desktop?

@Brisme 

This will work BUT you will get SAME contents on BOT screens.

Your machine peobably has exteral video card therefore the first HDMI port from Integrated video is disable.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

So is there a way to have dual monitor displays with this machine where I will have different content on both? There are 4 other ports in the back next to the open HDMI port. Can I use some sort of converter with those? @Banhien

HP Recommended

Is there a way to use two monitors with the HP Envy desktop computer? There are 4 other ports in the back next to the open HDMI port. I don't know what they are but they are in a line with the one abvailable HDMI port.Can I use some sort of converter with those? 

HP Recommended

Just in case someone also has the same simple question, you can simply get a converter for the other display ports in the back of the HP Envy desktop. I got a HDMI/Display ports converter and the second monitor was immediately recognized by my computer. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.