Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 510 p127c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just got for xmas. I have 2 Samsung B2230 22" monitors I used with my old computer. Once is DVI connection and the other is VGA. This computer comes with Radeon R7 450 graphics card and it has a DVI port, AND HDMI BUT no VGA.

What exactly do I need or adapter to use my second VGA monitor with this computer so I have dual monitors.

I hope there is a simple adapter I can use

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you read its specs ? Your machine has Radeon card  which has 3 ports at the back:

Rear I/O connectors: DVI + HDMI + DisplayPort

You alreade use DVI port for the first monitor, now please buy an HDMI to VGA adapter/converter for the second monitor.

Hope this is a bit clearer now.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need DVI to VGA adapter as mentioned on the following link:

http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05281246

This card does not have a VGA connector. VGA connection is only possible through a DVI to VGA adapter which is not included with the graphics card.

I tested the following adapter, and it worked. It may not available in your country, please ask for a similar one from any good computer shop.

DVI-A Plug to VGA Socket

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Ok sorry maybe i was not clear. I have 2 monitors. one now is plugged into the R7 450 card. I now have only one more opening which is a HDMI port. I have a monitor that has a VGA connection. So I am trying to now plug in my 2nd monitor which is a VGA connection into the HDMI port so I can use BOTH monitors. Again one is already plugged into the DVI port that is the main monitor. Need to connect the second mnitor which is VGA and the only thing left is HDMI on the graphics card.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you read its specs ? Your machine has Radeon card  which has 3 ports at the back:

Rear I/O connectors: DVI + HDMI + DisplayPort

You alreade use DVI port for the first monitor, now please buy an HDMI to VGA adapter/converter for the second monitor.

Hope this is a bit clearer now.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Yes it is...this is what I thought but wanted it confirmed by an expert. Thank you very much

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.