Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
All-One-PCs
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Is it possible to connect 2 HP All-In-One Desktop computers for purposes of setting up dual monitors? I want my work displayed over 2 monitors.

Model 22-8726 would be the working computer  and connected/displayed only to Model 22-3016.

As I understand it, these models have INPUT only connections and may not be possible without purchasing hardware. Is there another HP monitor I can purchase that would be just to display from the main monitor?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PatH3

I can't find the specs for the first one, only for the second one

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/c04720044

which does not have anything for you to use as a monitor.

By the way All-In-One machines as designed to work as All-In-One machines, everything will work as ONE unit. Since I can't find the specs of the first unit therefore I don't know its ports to be used for an external monitor.

Many users have to use USB to HDMI or VGA or DP ... to send output to a standard monitor. HP sells many monitors you can find one to work with your machines using USB port.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thanks ... time to buy a new monitor.  Windows support says same thing.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick follow-up. 

The first All-in-One Model is, in fact, 22-b226.  This would be the main monitor/source. 

It looks to me like they (HP All-in-One) both have HDM1 ports. 

If I purchase a second monitor,  what type do you suggest that I can simply plug into (Model 22-b226) HDM1's port?

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.