Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issues? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended

Hi, I get this error when i Try upgrade the firmware of my HP OMEN 27k Monitor:

HP OMEN 27k.jpg

What Can I do? Thank you very much in advanced

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @bmwjavier 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are facing an issue with your monitor, I am glad to assist you today.

Please try to update using this link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/omen-by-hp-27-inch-uhd-144hz-gaming-monitor-omen-27k/2101649645

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

-Regards
Raj
HP Support

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No solution... 

HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query. I will be glad to assist you.

I see that there is an issue with the hardware.

The support on the HP community is currently available within certain constraints. We are striving to enhance our assistance and broaden its scope. We appreciate your understanding and patience.

I've sent you a private message with the instructions. In order to access your private messages, Click the Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link

Take care and have a good day.

Raj 

HP Support

Raj2111
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I cant acess to my private messages. The error is:

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

What can i do?
HP Recommended

Hi @bmwjavier,

Thank you for your response, 

Firmware upgrade issues with your HP OMEN 27k monitor could be caused by several factors. To help troubleshoot, here are some steps you can try.

Check USB Connection: Ensure that the USB cable used to connect the monitor to your PC is properly connected and functioning. A poor connection can disrupt the upgrade process.

Use HP Display Control Center:

• Make sure you are using the HP Display Control Center app to perform the firmware upgrade. If you haven't installed it yet, download it from the Microsoft Store.
  • Once installed, use the app to check for firmware updates and perform the upgrade.

Disable Antivirus/Firewall: Sometimes, security software might block the firmware upgrade. Temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall and attempt the upgrade again.

Update Graphics Driver: Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can interfere with firmware updates for monitors.

Check Firmware File: Ensure the firmware file you are trying to install is the correct one for your model (HP OMEN 27k). If downloaded from the HP website, verify that the file is not corrupted.

Perform a Monitor Reset: You can try resetting your monitor to factory settings to clear any glitches before attempting the firmware update again.

• Go to Menu on the monitor > Management > Factory Reset.

Try a Different USB Port or Cable: Sometimes switching to a different USB port or using another cable can help, especially if the monitor isn't communicating well with your PC during the firmware upgrade.

Check Power Stability: Ensure that the monitor's power supply is stable during the upgrade process to avoid interruptions. 

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.