Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 705 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

want to connect a second (and later third) nmonitor to my EliteDesk 705 G1.  went out and bought a DisplayPort to HDMI cable, plugged in the monitor and HDMI but no joy.  windows display settings indicates there is not another monitor.  I've

- updated windows

- power cycled the computer and monitor

- cussed, 

but nothing seems to have any impact on the detection.

Typing "prooject to external monitor" in Win10 and selecting extend or dup has no impact either.  I'm trying to connect a ASUS monitor to the HDMI port

thx in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK.  So was/is the "old laptop" also using HDMI and by what means?  Is it direct HDMI out from the laptop or some adapter?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Since that model can have numerous configurations, first start with the connection type for the monitor that is connected.  VGA, DVI, display port and the location where it is connected on the PC.  Here is a picture of the Rear panel components, small form factor

2019-01-07 07_52_41-Window.jpg

Does this represent the PC in question?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

No Sir.  Mine is G1 DM?? (all black back and has no expansion slots that I can see)  it has 2 DP, VGA, audio, 4 USB, ethernet.  the front has 2 audio and 2 USB.

I am currently connected to a VGA monitor (AOC-E2752VH)  and am trying to connect a ASUS VE228H via DP and HDMI)

HP Recommended

Ok, so it looks as this?

2019-01-08 06_51_29-Window.jpgAnd the VGA port is for the present monitor, correct?

In order to verify the ASUS VE228H is working, try a different HDMI source IE: cable or satellite box output, a DVD player or Roku or FireStick.  If that test is successful, then verify that the DP to HDMI is working by testing with another HDMI display IE: A TV or an different monitor.  If the DP to HDMI cable is not doing the job, try an different cable or an active adapter.

I see the ASUS VE228H has HDCP support, that sometimes will complicate things if the handshake between the PC and monitor is not completed successfully.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Yes Sir.  thaat's what it looks like.  ASUS was  / is working via HDMI b4 I was attempting to make the switch from the old laptop to this HP EliteDesk.  I am away from the office for the remainder of the week but will test your suggestions over the weekend and repost.

thanks for helping!!

HP Recommended

OK.  So was/is the "old laptop" also using HDMI and by what means?  Is it direct HDMI out from the laptop or some adapter?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

went back and followed your tip and everything working fine now.  thanks for your advice and troubleshooting tips!

HP Recommended

Great!! Glad to help

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.