Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys

Just plug my brand new 4K tv samsung series 7 with my elite desk 800 g3, I was expecting get  4k resolution but nop, stuck on 1920x1080 even after update with the latest driver from intel, the internal graphic card is intel HD graphics 630.

I'm pluged with displayport adapter to hdmi , I tried in both displayport without succes!

Any clue?

Regards

Vic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@QcVictor wrote:

Ok got it working with the right adapter, in my case startech DP2HD4K60S.

tks for your help

@QcVictor

You are wlecome. Please mark Accept as solution, this will help other members to search this out.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@QcVictor

>>>> displayport adapter to hdmi

That is the culprit. Please try DP port direct or find an adapter which supports HDMI 4K.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Did you have one reference (working :generic:) to suggest me ? tv accept only HDMI / USB input !

HP Recommended

@QcVictor

I have not tested this type of adapters, there are some on the following article

https://thenextweb.com/evergreen/2017/10/01/use-4k-tv-pc-monitor/

But some only support 60Hz, your TV may support higher refresh rate

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

tks for your help

HP Recommended

@QcVictor wrote:

tks for your help

@QcVictor

You are wlecome. Please mark Accept as solution, this will help other members to search this out.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

I have a problem in the same vein -- I too only get 1920x1080 via a display port adapter to hdmi to my Panasonic Viera 4K TV.  This may be solved by a different adapter -- however, my intial intention was to go DisplayPort to DisplayPort. 

Going direct, DP to DP I get a split 'dual' mode window, where my max resolution is 2048x2160 (and see my screen replicated on both sides of the 2048.  

This seems like a broken DP driver from Intel, but perhaps I am wrong.  Nvidia video card plugged in direct to the Panasonic Viera works beautifully at 4K, 60p, so I highly doubt the problem is with the TV.  

Setting a custom display size of 3840x2160 in the Intel driver results in a 'Exceeds the Maximum Bandwidth' which is simply not true.

Any ideas about this? or am I stuck going via hdmi adapter (spending more money, and getting a drop down in refresh)?
Any help is always appreciated.

HP Recommended

@dorkowitz wrote:

I have a problem in the same vein -- I too only get 1920x1080 via a display port adapter to hdmi to my Panasonic Viera 4K TV.  This may be solved by a different adapter --

@dorkowitz

I don't know your Panasonic, my Panasonic has 4 HDMI ports but only one port supports HDMI 2.0 and it does NOT have DP. I did test last year to connect 3 HP Spectre (2 13" and 1 15", they all have 4K screens). They did not work I I realized their HDMI ports support 1920 x 1080 ONLY.

I will test newer Spectre and Omen this coming Christmas and as normal I will post my results.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

Thanks again @Banhien

As suspected, the DP to HDMI converter made this work via HDMI port on my Panasonic, and it shows resolutions up to 'real' 4k now, and lower.  However, its only at 30p.  This confirms again your findings for that 1.4 adapter.

What I've found is the DP to DP does not work at full resolution at all.  One work around is to use the 'collage' feature in the Intel driver. There are many reasons why this is unacceptable for a single monitor, but it also points to a bug in the  Intel Display Driver (not being able to show the full resolution).   The Intel Display driver sees the DP connection as 2 monitors, which is clearly incorrect (Nvidia does not have this same problem, it works as expected).  DisplayPort has the distinct advantage of being 59/60p, instead of 30.

HP should be making a request to Intel to fix their driver issue so that folks get what they paid for, and can use a DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable at the intended 4K resolution.

Best
Dorkowitz

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.