Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my device manager under Monitors, it lists the only driver as the Generic PnP Monitor. Is there a different one from HP.

I have been having all kinds of graphic issues and crashes... so I am thinking the the driver is wrong. Is that possible?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DerrickG721 That's good, I'm glad there are no issues, and to clarify, the in-built display of both All-in-one desktops and notebooks, are always mentioned as "Generic PnP Monitor" by default, that's how they are designed and that cannot be changed, 

If an alternate monitor is connected to either of the two (desktop AIO or notebook), the display name of that particular monitor shows up on the device as you've mentioned, your monitor shows - "HP w1907 Wide LCD Monitor".

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, click on - "Accept as solution" if you wish to thank me & help the community grow,

have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@DerrickG721

Welcome to HP support community.

Monitor will always be mentioned as generic PnP by default.

If you have issuer with the graphics card, run a component test on it:

Run Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Component Test.

5. Select graphics card and run test.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey SandyTechy20,

I did as you advised and everything checked out.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@DerrickG721

Create a new user account

1. Select Settings.
  2. Tap Accounts.
  3. Select Family & other users.
  4. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."
  5. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."
  6. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."
  7. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

Install available updates using HP Support Assistant.

Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Sandytechy20,,,, was your last post on Creating a new user account for me?

HP Recommended

@DerrickG721

Yes, try those steps and let me know how it goes.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I did those steps and there were no updates available.

HP Recommended

@DerrickG721 There seems to me some misunderstanding, I see that the first post addresses your concern when the tech posted - "Monitor will always be mentioned as generic PnP by default."

Is there any specific issues you need to address? please elaborate.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There was no specific issues. I was just wondering why the main monitor comes up as a PNP monitor and my second comes up as a HP w1907 Wide LCD Monitor. I thought maybe the main screen was missing a proper driver. Thats all.

HP Recommended

@DerrickG721 That's good, I'm glad there are no issues, and to clarify, the in-built display of both All-in-one desktops and notebooks, are always mentioned as "Generic PnP Monitor" by default, that's how they are designed and that cannot be changed, 

If an alternate monitor is connected to either of the two (desktop AIO or notebook), the display name of that particular monitor shows up on the device as you've mentioned, your monitor shows - "HP w1907 Wide LCD Monitor".

I hope that answers your query,

If it did, click on - "Accept as solution" if you wish to thank me & help the community grow,

have a good day.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.