Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
25es monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I frequently get this dialog "INPUT SIGNAL NOT FOUND, CHECK VIDEO CABLE", sometimes adding that the video will now go to sleep.  However my display is functioning just fine and all cable connections are firmly established, so the dialog becomes a minor, nagging nuisance.   (On the web are found many others who get this message, but do indeed have a display problem, but no one addresses my situation.)

I'd welcome any suggestions.  It seems remarkable that knowledgeable people show up, willing to help we dorks who just want to be comfortable "users".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Most of the time this is actually the only response the monitor knows- it simply realizes it has no input from the computer. Depending on when you get the message and/or how it is resolved will lead to a better diagnosis. For instance, if it just pops up when no one is actively using the machine Windows could be entering sleep mode and would no longer be sending a signal to monitor. If you get the message at startup of computer- it may indicate a problem with Windows  not starting up and sending the signal.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Most of the time this is actually the only response the monitor knows- it simply realizes it has no input from the computer. Depending on when you get the message and/or how it is resolved will lead to a better diagnosis. For instance, if it just pops up when no one is actively using the machine Windows could be entering sleep mode and would no longer be sending a signal to monitor. If you get the message at startup of computer- it may indicate a problem with Windows  not starting up and sending the signal.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thank you, Cheryl, you've been quite perceptive and helpful.  It's good that there are guiding lights like you.

The dialog indeed seems to be associated with my system going to sleep.  The included caution to check my cable was of course immaterial but did lead me astray.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.