Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi Chimney,

Thanks for all your suggestions.

My computer has been working very well for the last couple of days, but in case I need to try this,  I do have a dumb question regarding your instructions:  If I delete the display adapter driver as you suggest, will the computer still work well enough in order for me to go to the Intel website and download the new driver?  I've never done this before, so I guess I don't understand what impact deleting the driver would have on the proper operation of the computer.  By the way, I checked the display adapter that is currently on my computer (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000), and the associated date is April, 2017, so it is a recent version.  As you can probably tell, I am NOT an expert in computer maintenance, so I have to ask these questions prior to running these steps, which I'll only do if the problem re-appears.

Thanks for your help and time!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, once you uninstall the display adapter and restart your computer. Windows will install a generic driver and later you can install the driver from Intel website. 

If you are not sure, you can download the driver from Intel website and then uninstall the display driver. 

Restart your computer and install the downloaded driver from Intel website. 

Alternately, you can contact our phone support team, as they can take a remote of your computer and perform the same task. 

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It still isn't working

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps, please contact our phone support team for further assistance. 

You can also try a Push button reset on your computer. Click here

Keep me posted. Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Since rebooting after updating new driver and running cmd as above, It now seems to go black, but not totally in sleep mode and comes right up.  I'm fine with this for now.  Better than having to reboot all the time.  Thank you for all your help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.