Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion570-p088na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my PC where the fan makes a noise what can i replace the current card with

Product number 1ZM85EA#ABU

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Mine was also noisy... i removed it, squirted a little WD40 via nozzle onto bearing between fan and heat sink..  Reinstalled and running very quiet now

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello
did you identify the exact source?
Your computer has a very low power supply
therefore you cannot install a very powerful graphics card
it may be difficult to replace the original power supply

HP Pavilion 570-p088na Desktop PC Product Specifications

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No I haven't been able to find a replacement Is there another card that I can use 

HP Recommended

I was asking if you have no doubts that it is the graphics card that is making the noise?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes it is the fan that is making the noise, I have tried to clean it and it is a little quieter but still deafening

IMG_8876.JPGIMG_8875.JPGIMG_8882.JPG

HP Recommended

So unfortunately you have too weak a power supply

180 W uATX Energy Star 6.0 internal power supply
There may not be additional pci connectors either.
You can therefore only install very poor performance graphics cards.
It may be difficult to replace the power supply.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi can you please suggest an alternative card that I may be able to use

Thanks

HP Recommended

I can advise you to look at the list here

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/product-info

and check what is installed in other pc with the same power supply and motherboard
For example :

570-p030ur PC Product Specifications

But you will have to check if your power supply has additional pci connectors for the card you want to install

'although this does not have to be for many low consumption models'

As I indicated you will only be able to install low performance graphics cards
There are too many models on the market for me to recommend one in particular
You should use the comparison sites, that's the best advice I can give you!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Mine was also noisy... i removed it, squirted a little WD40 via nozzle onto bearing between fan and heat sink..  Reinstalled and running very quiet now

HP Recommended

Brilliant, I wasn't sure whether to do this but it has done the job.

Now all is quiet

Thanks

John

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.