Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My computer never goes to sleep, it is my monitor.

HP Recommended

Hi @TonyG4,

Thank you for your reply, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that the issue is with the monitor.

I suggest that you perform a factory reset on the monitor.

To restore the factory settings, access the OSD menu, select Factory Reset, and then select Yes.

Also check the following on the monitor:

1. The computer power switch should be in the On position.
  2. The computer graphic card should be snugly seated in its slot.
  3. Check that the monitor video cable is properly connected to the computer.
  4. Inspect the monitor video cable, and make sure that none of the pins are bent.
  5. Check that your computer is operational: Press the Caps Lock key and observe the Caps Lock LED found on most keyboards. The LED should either turn on or off after hitting the Caps Lock key.

Let me know if this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thank you again for the replies.  I have tried everthing mentioned and in my frustration found that if I pressed the monitor power switch several times rapidly, the monitor wakes up.  I don't know what the cause is, but I can live with the solution

HP Recommended

Hi @TonyG4,

You are welcome.

I understand that the monitor wakes up after the power switch of the monitor is pressed several times.

This could be an issue with the power switch of the monitor. I suggest that you try turning off the PC instead of the monitor when you are done with your work.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.