Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2159m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I update Windows 10, my HP 2159m monitor does not display correctly. the image is larger than screen size and is not useable. MS says this monitor is not supported by Windows 10. I reverted back to old version of Win 10 and it works. HP website says no drivers are available for Windows 10.  Are there any third party drives that might be available so I could keep my monitor and use latest WIndows 10 updates?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@dcortez

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Unfortunately there are no 3rd party or extra drivers which you can use since the Monitors use the Generic Windows drivers and they are Plug N Play devices

If it is a compatibility issue, then Microsoft might fix similar issues with later updates but as of now you will have to use the earlier Windows 10 version if the latest version is not compatible

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@dcortez

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

Unfortunately there are no 3rd party or extra drivers which you can use since the Monitors use the Generic Windows drivers and they are Plug N Play devices

If it is a compatibility issue, then Microsoft might fix similar issues with later updates but as of now you will have to use the earlier Windows 10 version if the latest version is not compatible

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I disconnected the display port, connected the HDMI port and both issues disappeared completely. I have no idea why but there is no more any sound nor any resizing. 

Maybe my integrated graphic card is too weak for the display port? I have no idea, but anyway, using the HDMI port solved it all. Thanks

HP Recommended

@lucio12

You're welcome. 🙂

As @KrazyToad is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. I appreciate your patience and efforts.

Glad to know that using the HDMI port solved the issue. 

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem now.. Is there a fix to this yet?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.