Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP High Resolution Displays
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I have a 3 years old HP 2311f LED monitor, it's pretty old. But recently it's showing some weird things. Whenever I turn on the power supply to the monitor with or without the video input from CPU, the monitor screen keeps blinking on and off ( I think there is two seconds delay in between on and off).

I tried different power cables, but still monitor blinking. So help me to folder this thing.
Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @hmkamal, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have flickering issues with your monitor.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Does the issue persist in BIOS?

Did you make any changes to your monitor?

Have you tried checking with a different video cable?

Does the issue persist when you connect the monitor to a different PC?

Please provide the product number of your monitor to assist you better.

As you mentioned you have flickering issues with your monitor.

Try connecting the monitor to a different PC and check if the issue persists.

Try updating the graphics driver and BIOS on your PC and check if it helps.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. Try resetting the monitor to factory settings and check if it helps.

If the monitor is not already on, press the Power button to turn on the monitor.2.
To access the OSD menu, press the Menu button on the right side of the monitor.3.
To navigate through the OSD menu, press the + (Plus) button on the monitor’s side panel to scroll up, or the – (Minus) button to scroll down.
Select Management from the list and select factory reset.
After adjusting the function, select Save and Return, or Cancel if you don’t want to save the setting, then select Exit from the Main menu.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is a hardware issue with your monitor.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Please let me know the outcome.
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.