Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello, unfortunately I had an incident today whilst cleaning my desk and dropped my all in one pc, resulting in the screen breaking. I can only see the top half and the bottom half is distorted. I have replaced these screens before and know it's simple. The problem is, I can't seem to locate the screen. Can anyone help?

SN# [personal info removed]

HP 24-cb1000na screen replacement

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Sorry for the really BAD news -- but locating a replacement screen is the simplest part of the problem of replacing it.

The hardest part is locating a repair shop that is willing to do the work.

Why?

Because unlike with older laptops where you remove a few screws and the screen pops off, with these AIOs, you have to PRY off the screen -- and doing so runs a serious risk of cracking the screen -- thus forcing the repair shop to then pay for a replacement screen out of their pocket. This is a risk most of them simply do not want to take.

I had this happen a couple of years ago with an AIO and the Tech was very careful in trying to open the AIO case.

So, before you spend the money (and this is going to cost a LOT), you need to find a repair shop that is willing to do the work.

We have no index or directory of repair shops, so we have no way to assist you in this.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Funnily enough, I have already replaced two of these PC screens before on the same type and brand of AIO PC’s. It was successful both times and just took a bit of care and time. The only struggle I’m having is locating a spare as mentioned in my post. But thanks for taking the time to share your experience. 

HP Recommended

Sorry to burden you with my experience -- but wanted to share concerns because we don't know what level of technical expertise folks have that post here, so I err on the side of caution -- which you have been kind enough to tell me does not need to be applied in your case.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.