Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 25x
Other

I’m struggling to figure out how to get my ps5 to use 120hz, I’ve changed to performance mode in the console settings but still capping me at 60hz? Any help is appreciated 

thanks, 

Eddy 

44 REPLIES 44
HP Recommended

@Dr_Riddle 

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06079752

How do you connect them ? Using HDMI port may only give you  Recommended resolution (H x V) 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz (FHD). Please try DP port.

Also please note: refresh rates go up resolution will go down and vise versa.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi eddy,

I have the same monitor and waiting for my ps5 launch on Thursday. Have you solved this or have any tips?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I haven’t figured anything out yet.
I’m not quite sure what it is yet, gonna do a little more testing and I’ll get back here if I find anything new. 

HP Recommended

Hi Dr_Riddle,

i have the same problem...

It's crazy to have a monitor with 144 hz 1980x1080 and can't using on PS5 at 120 hz...

Do you have some news?

Thank you

Michele

HP Recommended

Unfortunately I can’t figure it out, tested multiple things and can’t seem too crack it.
Has something to do with the PlayStation settings itself as it works on the new Xbox with no problems as far as I’ve seen. 

HP Recommended

I have the hp27mx and I put my ps5 performance mode like everyone else is doing abs it’s still locked at 60hz. I’m using hdmi like everyone else. 

HP Recommended

Has anyone found anything yet. I keep on trying things but it’s just not working 

HP Recommended

ah really? with xbox series X it works at 120 hz?

I don't know, i was thinking that probably it bacause on our monitor we haven't the Free-Sync, but only the Adaptive Sync, but if with Xbox it works i have no idea...

The funny thing is i bought this monitor just to play ps5..

HP Recommended

Sorry, a little update that maybe can help you.

Reading some articles, it seems that PS5 doesn't support yet the VRR (Variable Refresh Rate).

Maybe you can read the the specs in some forum/articles.

Anyway, Xbox Series X has this feature, instead PS5 not yet. Probably will be implemented in the future with some updates.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.