Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi,

Is there a way to get audio output from this monitor (HP 27F 4k)? For perspective, I am currently using this as a 2nd display via the display port attached to a thunderbolt dock attached to my macbook. I've been trying to  find other uses for the other ports on the monitor and I was wondering if there is a way to connect a speaker at the monitor. I was hoping to connect  a spare chromecast to the free hdmi ports but I am unsure how to output audio from it. My dock has free usb 3.1 and one free type c port. So far I am thinking of testing several solutions but I wanted to ask if other have done the same and see if they have other methods.

Currently the way I get audio is via the laptop I have connected to the dock which connects me to this monitor. The rechargeable speaker I have has USB, Aux inputs and is rechargeable via Micro USB. I hope to connect an external speaker (without the laptop) to this monitor only with the monitor, speaker (rechargeable), and dock (can be plugged in). 

Methods I've possibly thought of  (Chromecast will be connected via hdmi to monitor):

1. Speaker (powered by rechargeable battery) connected via HDMI to USB Cable to monitor

2. Speaker (powered by rechargeable battery) connected via HDMI Male to VGA Female Adapter with 3.5 Jack to monitor

3. Speaker (powered by rechargeable battery)  connected to Dock which connects via DP to monitor.

Will any of these work? I am not an IT guy so I am just basing what I wanted to try on whether they have the same port or not. 

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@cmarkrin2no Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

HTTP://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi @Praveen196 Thanks! I've updated my post. The monitor I have is the HP 27F 5ZP66AA 4K. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@cmarkrin2no

Thank you for the information.

According to the specification. This model will not support audio.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.