Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27er monitor

Monitor recently started blinking on and off. The cycle looks like this: With hdmi cable plugged in and video signal running to the monitor, I plug in the monitor's power cable. The power-on indicator light turn on (white) but the screen remains entirely black for 2-3 seconds. Then I'll see a very quick flash of the video signal, verifying that a signal is indeed running to the monitor, but it blinks back off. Then 2-3 seconds after the screen returns to black, the power-on indicator light turns off. Then, 2-3 seconds after that, the power-on indicator light turns back on and the cycle repeats.  During this endless cycling, there seems to be no response to pressing any of the physical buttons.

To remedy this I have tried:  holding down the power button for 10-30 seconds to reset / plugging and unplugging / alternating between HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 for video in / by connecting laptop to different monitor, verifying that my laptop is sending video signal / trying a different computer / switching between mac os and windows 10 / isolating hdmi cable to prevent any possible interference.

Hopefully someone here can help. I suspect this is a hardware failure. However, the monitor is only a little over three years old. If this is the best I can expect from HP hardware, I'll have to switch to a different brand.

Any help will be most appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Michael116 Greetings from the HP Community!

Here's what you need to do, to identify the issue and resolve it accordingly:

• Please check if it works fine on an alternate/external monitor to identify if it's either a hardware or a software issue:
    • If it works fine on the Alternate monitor, it's a hardware issue with the LCD on the laptop
    • However, if it doesn't work on it either, this could be a motherboard issue.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.