Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 27es
Other

I've been using the HP 27es monitor for about 4 to 5 years and for the most part, this is a wonderful monitor. Clear and big and functions well. The one nagging problem that has never worked, is the sleep feature. I have an  ASUS GR8 II-6GT024Z VR Ready Mini PC Gaming Desktop with Intel Core i7-7700 and GeForce GTX 1060 6G, a Lenovo ThinkCentre Chromebox Intel 3205U 4GB 16GB SSD Chrome OS Tiny Desktop Computer, and an Acer Aspire laptop I use as a Linux box with several OS's [ Peppermint 10, Deepin 15.11, Ubuntu 19.04, Ubuntu 18.04.3, Linux Lite 4.6, and Ubuntu 12.04.5. ]

On NONE of these machines or any of the OS's, will the monitor go to sleep. It tries; if the machine (OS) times out. Or if I choose sleep in Win10, the little message comes up and says, "Monitor going to sleep". and then the light turns orange and then it turns white a few seconds later, only to display the "Monitor going to sleep" message again, it just loops over and over.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@KDecker, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The monitor supports an OSD (On-Screen Display) menu option called Auto-Sleep Mode that allows you to enable or disable a reduced power state for the monitor. When Auto-Sleep Mode is enabled (enabled by default), the monitor will enter a reduced power state when the host PC signals low power mode (absence of either horizontal or vertical sync signal). Upon entering this reduced power state (sleep mode), the monitor screen is blanked, the backlight is turned off and the power LED indicator turns amber. The monitor draws less than 0.5 W of power when in this reduced power state. The monitor will wake from the sleep mode when the host PC sends an active signal to the monitor (for example, if you activate the mouse or keyboard). You can disable Auto-Sleep Mode in the OSD. Press one of the four Function buttons on the bottom side of the front bezel to activate the buttons, and then press the Menu button to open the OSD. In the OSD menu select Power Control > Auto-Sleep Mode > Off.

Refer to the User Guide for details.

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.