Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All In One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've had his HP All In One [edit] for close to 4 years now.  It's been a couple of years since I used the internal webcam for it.  According to the device manager, there are no cameras in this computer, even though I see one in the top center of the monitor and I remember using it back when the computer was new.  I've tried Image devices in the device manager and nothing is there either.  I've pretty much tried all that I can think of.  Just wondering if it's common for the cameras to become unplugged inside of the computer.  Thanks for your help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Davids442 The drivers for the Imaging devices, which include the webcam, are not displayed in the Device Manager.

To resolve this problem, use the following steps.

1. Restart your computer.

If the problem persists, continue using these steps.

2. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

3. If there is no Imaging devices category listed, select Action, then Scan for hardware changes.

Image: Scan for hardware changes

4. If Device Manager does not recognize the webcam after the scan, use Microsoft System Restore to go back to a time when the webcam was working properly.

If problems persist, the webcam might have become unplugged internally, and the computer might require service to correct the issue.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried everything I can find on-line to get the webcam working on my new all-in-one.  I have updated drivers, restarted, checked everything in camera settings, gone to HP support, etc. There is a circle with a line through it in the webcam and it will not work.  How do I get it working?

HP Recommended

@AndiM

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for getting back to me.  I figured it out - there is a slider button on the top edge of the display, I simply had to slide it to the open position! 🙂

HP Recommended

@AndiM
Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.
Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.