Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-07-2019 03:45 AM
Similar to lots of others - the touch-screen ceased functioning mid-use and is no longer listed in the Device Manager. I have carried out every test and diagnostic, Windows in up-to-date and the BIOS has been updated. The Device Manager does not list the touch-screen - it was there, now it isn't. This should be a simple fix for HP but they are refusing to do anything about it. Simple question: where is the touch-screen driver download? Very unhappy with why this has happened and how poorly HP are reacting to the question from multiple users.
10-09-2019 12:53 PM
@TimWinner Welcome to HP Community!
Did you check if the touchscreen works in the BIOS Screen?
- This would help us determine if this is either a software or hardware related issue, hence I request you tap on F10 during a PC restart and check if you can use the touch feature to select options outside windows.
- If it doesn't work, this could be a hardware malfunction, if the issue occurred after the recent update, please consider recovering the previous version of the BIOS: click here for steps.
- If it works, please use the HP website to download the drivers from your windows user account, here's the link: Click here to download > Found it on this website: Click here to view.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
10-14-2019 10:54 AM
@TimWinner If it doesn't work in BIOS, and the BIOS state is not driver dependent, this is most likely a hardware malfunction and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:
1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:
3) Enter the serial of your device.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) Click on "Show Options".
Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!
Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from,
here's how private messages work: Click here for details.
If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.
I am an HP Employee