Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 4yr old HP all-in-one (touch screen). The mouse seems to be moving randomly and clicks by itself at the right bottom corner. I have tried everything including resetting the PC, but the issue still persists.

Any advice or is this a hardware failure at this point ?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have a 27 inch all in one with same Windows 10 (64 bit) where the mouse jumps. Right about the same time the jumping cursor started, ghost circles (2-3 flashing white circles appearing on middle left of desktop about the size of a half dollar coin) began appearing. Also a white box sometimes appear on desktop (about half the size of a pack of cigarettes) which bleeds through say a web page or a Word document when placed over the square and will remain on the desktop even if you drag the page off of it. Both the circles and the square eventually go away after reboots but do return. Touch screen stopped working when the above symptoms started.

This may be the result of using eyeglass lens cleaner sprayed on a cloth to clean screen.

I alleviated the above symptoms in their entirety by going into Device Manager, then selecting human interface devices then selecting HID Compliant Touch Screen by right clicking on it and disabling it. Then click yes on a pop-up box confirm your disabling it.

I also disabled Windows automated upgrades. 

This stopped the problem from occurring but then I start to get page freezes while using Chrome, Word, Outlook and even task manager freezes (Page not responding message)

I then restart the computer, disable as described above, again, and things go  back to normal for periods up to 24 hours until page freezes again which requires restart and disabling, again, to resume.

I just completed a complete system scan using Norton as well as HP hardware diagnostics test with no problem. I then restarted the machine, did not disable as described above, and as I wrote this post, the cursor jumped off the screen 25-30 times. Something it hasn't done in several weeks because I have not attempted to use the cursor without disabling-as described above. 

The circles or the white boxes have not returned because of the continual disabling after each restart.

I would like to know what is wrong here.

HP Recommended

@Shrini2003 @nychuck
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.