Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
spectre
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Everytime I log in I get a window saying Critical Update Needed, with a Download Update button. I have downloaded this and run the executable file 4 times. It never resolves. How can I get this to work?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rmichaeltorrey

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an HP Display Control Critical Update every time you start the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you continue facing the issue, then remove the update from the startup files.

Here is how it is done.

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Task Manager.
  2. On the Task Manager window click on the Startup Tab and look for HP Display Control and click on that and select disable.
  3. Close Task Manager and restart the computer and test.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. I've installed the update over 10 times over the past month. I tried the first solution. My BIOS was newer than the download so I didn't install that. The second solution worked, but it feels like a bandaid solution. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.