Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDisplay P232
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an HP ProDisplay P232 That works perfectly via VGA but I can't get the Display Port to work for the life of me. I have bought at least 4 new cables, and I have bought a Display port to HDMI in case my GPU or Motherboard Port was dead. It still won't work, is there any settings I need to change on the monitor? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06234247.pdf

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-prodisplay-p232-23-inch-monitor/7527877/manuals

We should be able to test another screen!
Try to force detection by following the instructions in this document
if the adapter/cables are correct, there is no reason for it not to work!
possibly update your graphics driver, although I doubt that will change!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I did not find anything about forcing it but if I understood correctly you meant by going to the OSD --> Input Control and selecting DisplayPort. It does cause it to scan for DisplayPort but it never seems to detect it

HP Recommended

Yes that's it
so if possible test with another computer the monitor
and test the computer with another monitor
this should help you identify the cause

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I have tried the cable on another device and it still will not detect it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.