Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 22cwa 21.5-inch IPS LED Backlit Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ive had the monitor for a while now and i used to use the HDMI port and it would work fine. it stopped working a while ago so i switched to VGA to HDMI. i tried it today and it said the HDMI port is active which is new, it displays a black box but its lighter then normal so?. i really don’t know how to fix it but its super annoying. could it just be the port? why is it saying the HDMI is active but not picking up anything 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@smoked-oo,@, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for all the inconvenience!

As I understand you are getting the message - "monitor input signal not found",

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you know holding the power button for 20 seconds or more either releases or locks the OSD menu?

Have you attempted to hold the button after receiving the message-"On Screen Menus are locked"?

Does the message appear on an alternate monitor?

While you respond to that, I recommend you check with another monitor and if the issue doesn't occur on the other monitor, follow the below steps:

These messages are normal when the computer truly goes into sleep mode or loses the video signal (such as when the computer is turned off). However, if the monitor displays any of these messages when the computer should be displaying video, something is wrong.

If you suspect the monitor should be displaying an image from the PC instead of the message, use one of the following sections that match how the monitor behaves after the computer is powered on:

• Windows opens, but after a while the monitor displays the message
  • Startup screens display, but the message opens before the Windows desktop opens
  • The message is the only item that displays on the screen

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.