Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 25ES Monitor
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Since November I have had this issue, and I had to buy a new HP Monitor to replace the old one which is giving this error.  I have an HP25ES.  The screen goes black and the Monitor Status message appears at the top, saying, "Signal Not Found."

After a short period of time an Input Signal Not Found appears. This happens in an odd pattern, when I connect a new computer, different from the one where I am getting this message; I have the screen for about 2 minutes, then I get the black screen for 30 to 40 seconds and it just repeats on, "Signal Not Found."

. I have tried the following things and it has made no difference, on both Windows 10 and Mac OS, on a Windows/PC as well as a Macbook Air.

I had used this screen flawlessly previously.

• Changed the HDMI Cable (Both Windows and Mac)
  • Changed Adapters
  • Changes to the VGA cable (Windows Machine)
  • Uninstalled the HP My Display and reinstalled from the disc.
  • Uninstalled the HP My Display and tried running the monitor without the software.
  • Uninstalled the HP My Display and reinstalled from the internet.
  • Reset factory default settings
  • Went to HP support http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpc/enu/index.html and down loaded Intel: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect this download a new utility Chip set which was an earlier set but installed them anyway.
  • Looked at various remedies on the web, “push and hold menu button to 20sec”, “turn power off and unplug, hold power button for 60 sec, reconnect power, reset factory default none worked

Basically I followed a previously linked article on this topic and am getting the same issue.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@User10120912

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any display on the monitor.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I see that you have already followed all the relevant steps. I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings, this did not solve my problem.

I followed your instructions and went to the support chat.  The chat was a chatbot.  The chatbot asked me about printers, even after I had set my default product with the serial number as you had suggested.  I tried to ask the same set of questions to get help and the chatbot resulted in:

---

Sorry we couldn’t find a solution. How would you like to continue?

Rephrase my question

Search in HP Support documents for a best answer

So basically, here I am back in the HP Support forum per the chatbot's request.  I am being sent in a circle it seems.
HP Recommended

@User10120912

Help me with your region (Country) in a private message and I will share the contact details.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OK, will do.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.