Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 700-216
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics and the Video Memory test failed.

This is from the log:

LogMessage Debug ERROR: Exclusive Model already set ""

ReportFailure 990363

I would like to know what the problem is.

This is, I must admit, mostly a matter of curiousity, as the video system is clearly working.

I should, I suppose, mention that I am using two monitors.

This is an older HP Envy; the monitors connect directly to the DVI and VGA connectors (/not/ HDMI) provided.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I recommend installing the latest version of the UEFI. you may find it here: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-700-200-desktop-pc-series/5399651/model/652...

It's under "diagnostics".

After installing that, perform the test again.

If the test still fails, this would indicate an imminent failure for the integrated graphics card and would eventually need replacing.

HP Recommended

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-700-200-desktop-pc-series/5399651/model/652...

It's under "diagnostics".

No, it isn't, because there is no "diagnostics" on that page.

Have you ever considered /looking/ at a page before you recommend it?

As to the "imminent collapse": I don't think so.  Got a reference -- a /real/ reference, not just a randomly-selected page you believe might lead me to one -- that explains this?

And if it does -- I've survived worse. I got my HP Envy when (so far as I could tell) the MB of my XP computer died -- after 11 years.

But thanks for trying. I really do appreciate your taking the effort.

HP Recommended

I don't just post things willy-nilly :generic:

This is what it looks like on my end after selecting Windows 10 64 bit as the OS:

image.png

Anyway, good luck.

HP Recommended

I have an HP Envy M4 Notebook that has this same problem.  I have a Dell Monitor attached via HDMI.  As an experiment, I unplugged the 2nd monitor and re-ran the test and it passed.  Plugging the monitor back in, it failed.  Following are the last few lines from the log file:

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows Application

LogMessage Debug Completed in 1016ms ""
UpdatePercentage 65 LogMessage Debug Completed in 1015ms ""
ReportFailure 990363
EndOfTest

I downloaded the patch you mentioned, installed it successfully, but the error persisted.  
Any other ideas?
HP Recommended

@pjh1620

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you facing any issue while connecting the monitor?

Click on this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html to download the latest HP Diagnostics Window.

Then, Run the Diagnostics test.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Raj1788,

The HP Hardware Diagnostics program you provided the link to is what precipitated this issue.

I downloaded the program 2 days ago and ran it on the HP Envy M4 notebook, as I said in my original post.  All tests passed except for the Fast Video Memory test, which rather than reporting "FAILED" reported "CANCELLED".  

Again, the last few lines from the Log file from the HP Hardware Diagnostics program reports:

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows Application

LogMessage Debug Completed in 1016ms ""
UpdatePercentage 65 LogMessage Debug Completed in 1015ms ""
ReportFailure 990363
EndOfTest

Again, as I mentioned in my first post, I disconnected the HDMI monitor and re-ran the video test, and it passed.  When I plugged the monitor back in, it terminated with the "CANCELLED" message again.

I have excperienced no video issues with the computer or monitor.  I am just concerned when I run diagnostics and a component terminates abnormally.

Being a programmer myself, I would interpret the log file message as the diagnostics program is mis-reading a status condition and not really detecting an error, i.e. the problem is with the diagnostics program and not the video memory.

I am looking for confirmation of this.

pjh1620

HP Recommended

@pjh1620

Thanks for the reply,

I have sent you a private message, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I have the exact same error and error code.  This reply is not helpful since it involved a private email but I will take any help I can get.

HP Recommended

This was some time ago, but as I recall the upshot was to uninstall the diagnostics program, re-download it and re-install.  That seemed to fix the issue.  Sorry, I don't recall much more.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.