Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

The image of this all in one becomes unclear, I mean that the image alternates between normal image and blurry image with red horizontal lines. Does anyone know the cause of this please? Picture available .
Thanks in advance JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again,

If you are experiencing the problem pre-boot (i.e. before loading Windows) the problem must be hardware. At this point the only untested component is the LCD panel itself. The only way test these fully is to replace them; that said, plugging the laptop into a external screen would be worth a try, as this can help confirm whether there are any undiagnosed issues with the GPU i.e. if the laptop works on an external monitor, it is probably the LCD panel that is at fault.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi JP,

This can be caused by a number of components (e.g. memory, GPU, LCD panel) or software (e.g. drivers). Are you able to post the image of the problem?

Does this happen at a specific time or after a specific duration of use?

HP Recommended

20220617_105216.jpg

HP Recommended

Dear , Thanks for your quick reply , please see picture .This happens whit the beginning on a regular base . JP  

HP Recommended

Hi again,

The photo you provided is indicative of a hardware issue. I would suggest running a full diagnostic using the built-in UEFI diagnostic utility. This can be accessed by pressing the ESC key repeatedly after turning on the PC - please see HP's support page for this below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

Please let us know how you get on.

HP Recommended

As far i can see all tests were good , it takes a lot of time  to see the result because the picture is bad allmost the time .

I will try again .  

HP Recommended

Hi again,

If you are experiencing the problem pre-boot (i.e. before loading Windows) the problem must be hardware. At this point the only untested component is the LCD panel itself. The only way test these fully is to replace them; that said, plugging the laptop into a external screen would be worth a try, as this can help confirm whether there are any undiagnosed issues with the GPU i.e. if the laptop works on an external monitor, it is probably the LCD panel that is at fault.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.