Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 25bw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My Pavilion 25bw flashes on and off. The power button is unresponsive- I had to shut it off by disconnecting the power. I tried changing the cable connecting it to the computer but that didn’t fix it. This happened before and resolved by simply disconnecting and reconnecting, but that isn't working any more.  I don’t know how to trouble shoot this when I don’t have a functional monitor. Any help is appreciated. Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@jgk6559 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that your My Pavilion 25bw Monitor keeps blinking off and off and you are seeking assistance in getting it fixed. I am providing you with some steps you can try below:

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet (not a power bar or surge protector)
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it

If the above steps did not resolve your issue you can try the monitor on a computer or other device to see if the issue persists. If it does I think it would be best if you contact HP Technical Support for repair options.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I tried the steps you provided, but it didn’t resolve the issue. I have also connected this monitor to two laptops and the problem persists. I am going to replace it. Thank you for responding and trying to help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.