Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27 Quantum Dot
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I have recently brought a HP Pavilion 27 Quantum Dot display (Product number : 5DQ99AA). It used to work well until this morning, the last things I've done with my computer is to set it to sleep mode, when then I woke it up, the HP monitor didn't wake up. I have Windows 10 64bit as operating system and usually two screens connected (even 3 at times). I already put windows in sleep without any issue with this screen.

The monitor doesn't recognize the HMDI source and only displays a black screen, it says the HDMI source is inactive and goes to sleep mode. In the OSD menu, I also can't access the "Image" section (in french it is labelled as "Image", I don't know if it's exactly the same in english).

Yet, Windows recognize the HP display just like before, I can modify the resolution or the position relative to the other display I have connected to my graphic card, I can even set the screen to HDR, everything is like before in Windows. The display driver says there is no issue, everything is recognized, I can change its profile, the driver is up-to-date.

The HDMI cable or the HDMI port of the graphic card are not causing the issue. I successfully connected another display on the same port, and I switched the cable too. Nothing changes. The monitor keeps on saying the source is inactive. 

Do you know what is the issue, if there might be a solution, or if the screen is simply not working anymore....

Please, help me! (I can't connect the monitor to another computer because I only have one computer available.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ClementRabot Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the HP Pavilion 27 Quantum Dot unable to detect HDMI source.

I am providing you with some steps you can try below:

Step 1. Unplug the power cord from the back of the monitor and the wall
Step 2. Hold the power button down for at least one minute
Step 3. Plug the power cord back into the monitor and then into the wall outlet
Step 4. Press the Menu button on the monitor
Step 5. Navigate to the Factory Reset option and select it
Step 6. Try a different cable connecting your monitor to your computer

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.