Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 27 all in one touch screen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, i had added an extend monitor to the all in one with vga to usb 3.0 but after using few mins, my computer started to slow down, freezing, black screen.......

Do you allow to extend the monitor on all in one touch screen? 

Please anyone can help me?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jul2009

Thank you for sending the images.

the port shown in the below image is the thunderbolt USB C port. This support external display:

Following are the USB C type ports that support a display as well:

If the PC has a standard USB logo  then it will support only data transfer and not videos.

If the PC has a USB port along with the thunderbolt logo  then it will support an external display too.

Hope this helps. Let me know. Thanks again. 🙂

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@jul2009

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 27 all in one touch screen series PC. I read that when you connect an external monitor using a VGA to USB 3.0 converter, the PC slows down, freezes and a black screen appears. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you. 

Please let me know the exact PC model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Do you have any drivers for the VGA or USB 3.0 converter?

I believe the VGA port is on the PC and the USB 3.0 port is on the monitor. Is that correct?

Meanwhile, please refer to this HP document, which explains in detail on how to connect and use an external monitor.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi,

27-a210

Product# Z5L83AA#ABA

all in one using the usb 3.0 and the extend is vga

Thank you

HP Recommended

@jul2009

You're welcome. 🙂

I sound the user guide for the HP Pavilion All-in-One - 27-a210. The page# 12 described on how to connect a display via the USB C type port. 

Hope this helps. Let me know. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

The adapter I have is vga/dvi/hdmi to usb 3.0. 

Does it mean that I need a usb type c cable to make it work for extended.

But the another monitor doesn't have type c, only vga/usb/hdmi, it's a samsung monitor.

HP Recommended

@jul2009

Thank you for your reply

Please send a picture of your ports on your PC and the ports on the monitor. This will help.

Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

IMG_2128.JPGIMG_2127.JPGIMG_2128.JPGIMG_2136.JPGSorry, I don't know how to delete the duplicate 😞 

HP Recommended

IMG_2127-1.JPG

HP Recommended

@jul2009

Thank you for sending the images.

the port shown in the below image is the thunderbolt USB C port. This support external display:

Following are the USB C type ports that support a display as well:

If the PC has a standard USB logo  then it will support only data transfer and not videos.

If the PC has a USB port along with the thunderbolt logo  then it will support an external display too.

Hope this helps. Let me know. Thanks again. 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi MKazi,

I will try again.

Also do they have a extend usb port for the plug (usb 3.0 thunderbolt)?

update:

i had used few hours till now look stable, hopefully it won't be the same as before. Before within a hour started to freeze n slowdown everything.

Thank you so much for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.