Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-21-2018 03:26 PM
My Pavilion will act as if I am touching the touch screen repeatedly, when I am not. It opens and closes things so consistantly that sometimes I cannot even click the shut down button. It clicks all over the place by itself! It has been doing this since I got the computer (a year ago) but it keeps getting worse and worse. I usually restart it but lately it has gotten so bad that restarting the computer doesn't make it go away. Help!
01-23-2018 03:01 AM
Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums.
I understand that you have an HP Pavilion touchscreen series computer and the touchscreen activates by itself. Even when you haven't touched the screen, It opens and closes things and clicks all over the place by itself. Not worry, I'll do my best to help you.
To provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Please let me know the exact computer model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
- What version of Windows operating system are you using?
- Did any software changes or updates happen on the PC?
While you respond to that, I recommend you to perform the following steps if you're using Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system.
The steps mentioned in "Touch screen responds inaccurately" from this HP article should help.
I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Feel free to keep me posted. Eager to help! 🙂
06-16-2018 08:05 AM
The user complained about the touchscreen or trackpad clicking byitself which is the same problem i have on 3 different hp laptops. If you click on the solution link no of the solutions are for the screen or trackpad clicking by themself?
06-16-2018 07:58 PM
I took my computer to Best Buy Geek Squad since my computer became useless due to it clicking everywhere. They said that the only way to fix it would be so expensive that I'd be better off just buying a new computer, or I could just deactivate the touch screen. To deactivate your touch screen, pull up the device manager, select Human Interface Devices, right click on HID complaint touch screen, and select disable device. I hope this helps!
01-05-2020 07:37 AM
I am having the same problem since a few weeks ago. I have been trying to learn what causes my HP laptop's touchscreen to click repeatedly by itself.
- It appears that in my case the problems occurs everytime my laptop "turns the display off" from an option in "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings".
- So now i have changed the setting to "never turn off display" and instead "put the computer to sleep in 5 - 15 minutes"
- I also tested the new situation and so far it does not click repeadely by itself anymore after (the display turned off, or just) sleep mode