1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Touchsmart 600PC , model # 600-1050 and Acer monitor

HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart 600PC, Model #600-1050
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings,

I have the HP Touchsmart 600 that lacks a HDMI port.  I would like to hook up an additional monitor and would like some input on the best way to achieve it.  The HP only has the USB 2.0 ports so i was thinking I could get a USB to VGA adapter.  Would that work??  Please advise.  My academic career would benefit greatly if I can hook up this second monitor.

Thank You in advance,

Melissa 

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 30,826 2,619 4,015
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Shoeshopgirl I went through the product specifications of your device and I'm afraid this device is obsolete, 

There are no HDMI output ports as you've rightly mentioned and the USB port may or may not support video conversion, since HP doesn't support using 3rd party adapters/converters, I suggest you check with a local tech to be on a safer side.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation