Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP X24ih Gaming Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP X24ih Gaming Monitor does not save settings. What to do?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Any chance you found a solution yet?

I've had the monitor for almost 3 months and still changing the settings each time that I turn it on...

HP Recommended

@Normal64,DirtySZN Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The monitor is plug and play devices setting changed needs to done on desktop or notebook which used for the monitor connect the display  

You can download HP X24i LCD Monitor Driver that might help 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

I downloaded the monitor driver and that did not help as I already actually had it installed.

Is there any application that I can use to manually adjust the settings instead of manually doing it on the monitor?

Or is there something else I can try to solve this issue?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Try these steps -

Search for and open Display settings. You can also right-click the desktop and open Display settings. Scroll down and click Advanced display settings. In the Display adapter properties, click Display adapter properties.

Click on the Monitor tab to adjust the Screen Refresh Rate from the drop-down menu. 

If the issue still persists, try re-installing the driver - 

1) In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) In Device Manager, expand Display Adapter. 

3) Right-click on the Display Adapter, and then select Uninstall device > Delete the driver software for this device check box > Uninstall.

4) Restart the computer. 

Also, try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 

2) Check for updates. 

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

I understand you want to know if there is a screen calibration that can make your screen look better than the other monitor's you have,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

When was the last time it worked without these issues? Have you attempted a system restore?

About the other 3 computers, are they similar models or different ones?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

HP Recommended

Hi there, this is a follow-up from HP Support Community. I just wanted to check if you have received the ink yet or not and if you have, did you install it? How's the monitor working now?  

Let me know if you need any other assistance and I'd be happy to help 🙂 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

No, the issue has not been solved.

I own the HP X24ih - I have to adjust the brightness level every single day because the monitor never saves the settings.

Do you have any links or tutorials on how to actually save the new brightness setting?

HP Recommended

As @Ben_dy just said, the issue has not been solved yet.

It is very frustrating for the monitor settings to never save after manually putting them through the buttons on the physical monitor.

HP Recommended

@DirtySZN,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Same problem here... bought in December 2020 in Portugal.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.