Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion allinone 4nm45aa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Keep getting the same popup request from 3rd party. Now know it,s safe but don't see why I need this update. I checked and the app was not installed but the popup keeps, well, popping up ! How do I get rid of it ! All the advise was good to get rid of the app but how do I kill the popup?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@overwhelmedmell 

The advice to remove the software (uninstall it) appears to the the solution to get rid of the popup and the program that is generating the message.

This article describes the program in question.

NOTES:

I do not recommend using their software to remove the program (simply out of an abundance of caution - I just don't do this - ever).

Before you make any changes to your computer, even changes you are sure you want, create a Restore Point.

(How to) Create Restore Point

Before making any changes to your system, always create a Restore Point!

Stop all programs:  Browsers, games, Applications, etc.

Control Panel > icon view > System > System Protection

Click (Highlight) your main disk (C) > Select Create a Restore Point

OR

(As available)

Create a restore point now for the drives that have system protection turned on

Create

The manual "how to remove" information is included in the article and may prove useful to track down and remove the software.

Article

Should I remove it - HP Display Control

From the description in the other thread in which you posted, it seems there may as well be an App component - this seems a bit of overkill (to have both software and application); nonetheless, if there is an "App", you might find it in Settings > AppsApps and Features

If you find the software in the  Apps and Features list, click on it and remove.

If you want to do so, also check for leftover bits in  Settings > AppsStartup 

Sidebar

Even software you know and love (things you want to keep) might "bug your trip" on occasion with messages you do not want to see.  One place to look for (and control) these messages is in Settings > System > Notifications & actions

The easy, large hammer approach to constant notifications is to switch OFF "Get notifications from apps and other senders".   This is admittedly a pretty big hammer for what might be a small-ish issue.  It does work for about 90% of the "stuff that bugs us".  You can also leave that setting "ON" and then try to control the messages by "sender".

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.