Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre one 23-e010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi folks, I have an HP Spectre one 23-e010. To activate HDMI-input I need to use original keyboard HDMI key (which is FN+PrintScreen):
Untitled.png

But I do not have the original keyboard anymore. 
I think that I could just bind FN+Printscreen key code to any other key on my current keyboard, but to do that I need to know key code from the original keyboard, which I do not know obviously.
Or maybe there is any other solution to activate HDMI input?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@pelkonen
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

1. Turn off the external TV, monitor or projector.
  2. Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the "HDMI" port on the side of your computer.
  3. Plug the other side of the cable into the "HDMI IN" port on your TV or monitor.
  4. Right-click the "Volume" icon on the Windows taskbar, select "Sounds" and choose the "Playback" tab. Click the "Digital Output Device (HDMI)" option and click "Apply" to turn on the audio and video functions for the HDMI port.

To extend the display You can simply perform (Windows + P to project the display after connecting the external TV or Monitor) And also Right-click any empty area of your desktop, and then click Screen resolution.
Next, click the Multiple displays drop-down list, and then select Extend these displays, or Duplicate these displays.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It seems like there was a misunderstanding. I think OP was connecting to Spectre One 23 AIO intending to use it as an external monitor. The answer seems like it’s intended to help him extend or project his AIO to another device to act as a monitor.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a similar situation.

Model: HP Spectre ONE 23-e000 All-in-One & Windows 10.

I want to use my all-in-one as second monitor as it has a HDMI-IN port (although without a change mode button in monitor).

I do have the original keyboard but the Fn+HDMI does not work, probably because the original hp driver has been replaced by windows 10 (updated until today in 2020). I tried different things, like other fn key shortcuts or trying to find a way through the display configuration without keys.

The interesting thing is that the other computer finds the All-in-one monitor perfectly. So i see the two monitors (1&2) but I cannot duplicate or extend the image to the all-in-one because I do not know how I can activate the HDMI-IN port taking into consideration that the FN+HDMI combination does not work.

Thank you for any possible solution or insight about the subject.

Regards,

Guillermo

HP Recommended

@GVE75 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to use the Fn+HDMI key.

This model is not tested for Windows 10 operating system. There are no drivers for windows 10. Please see the following link.

I would suggest you rollback to previous windows version.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.