Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
billyboy982
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Having problem with ghost touching/circles

HP Recommended

I'm having this problem as well on my Pavilion x360:  starting about a week ago, I've had ghost touches popping up like crazy on my screen to the point that my computer is completely unusable.  All of them appear along a vertical line, about 1/4 of the way from the left edge of the screen.  Oftentimes, I'll have multiple (5-10) ghost touches per second, again all along this vertical line.

I have tried cleaning the screen (which was clean to begin with), restarting my computer multiple times, updating the touch screen's driver (via device manager), and uninstalling the driver (via device manager) and then re-starting the computer to re-install it.  In the end, I've disabled it altogether (via device manager), but from a productivity standpoint, this really defeats the whole purpose of having purchased a computer with a touchscreen in the first place.

I've also run a diagnostic on the touchscreen (by holding power for 5 seconds, turning the computer on, hitting Esc, etc.) and it has passed both tests.  Though, that really isn't germane to the problem I'm experiencing:  it's not that the touchscreen is failing to register touches, rather the touchscreen is registering touches that simply aren't there.

Is there anything else I can do to address this problem?

1 REPLY 1
asmita6658
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,434 1,722
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @billyboy982

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. This looks like a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation