Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Envy 23 All-in-one

I connect my ps4 with a HDMI cable to my computer. Then I press The HDMI IN button on the bottom left and the computer does nothing. What do I do?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Without the complete model number for the AIO, it is difficult to say.  Some of the AIO's do not have an input but the HDMI is out.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

It is an HDMI IN and the model number is "23-o014".

HP Recommended

Yes, you are correct.  It does have a HDMI input.

The spec page indicates the HDMI in to be on the left side with the button to use the HDMI under HDMI on the left front edge, as you say.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-23-o000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/6879108/model/6888...

I would suggest using a TV to get the PS4 to show on the TV and then move the HDMI cable to the AIO,  With the AIO being on.  The Windows display should go off and then display the PS4.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I have tried it multiple times. Do you have any more suggestions?

HP Recommended

If you are doing/done it this way

I would suggest using a TV to get the PS4 to show on the TV and then move the HDMI cable to the AIO, With the AIO being on and booted. The Windows display should go off and then display the PS4 when the button on the left is pushed.

If it still does not function as expected, give the HP Support a call and talk to them.  Since this PC was built in 2014, they might not help without a fee.  Or use the Virtual chat feature.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.