Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp27F MONITOR
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Please can someone help!
I am about to take this monitor back, the white is so bright it is killing my eyes.
I have tried all the settings and nothing is working.....

the colors are over saturated, the white is so bright.... anyone have any suggestions?
Help!!  Thank you!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@choni1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Use the on-screen display (OSD) menu to adjust the monitor screen image based on your preferences. You can access and make adjustments in the OSD menu using the buttons on the bottom side of the monitor's front bezel. To access the OSD menu and make adjustments, do the following:

1. If the monitor is not already on, press the power button to turn on the monitor.

2. To access the OSD menu, press the Menu button to open the OSD.

3. Use the three function buttons to navigate, select, and adjust the menu choices. The on-screen button labels vary depending on which menu or submenu is active.

Another option is to check from Windows: Right-click on Desktop - Display settings - Brightness and color - scroll the bar.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried adjusting everything.. and still the color saturation is very intense.
I am told that monitors these days are that way. I guess I just have to get used to it.

I do graphic design and am finding it hard to do adjustments/color correction to photos, etc.

someone said possibly it could be the "gamma".... what are your thoughts on that?

thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

@choni1

You may want to perform a color calibration to get the screen into your preference:

Before you start, make sure your monitor has been on for at least half an hour, so it's warmed up properly, and clean your monitor.

1. Right-click on the desktop and select Display settings

2. Click "Advanced display settings" at the bottom of the settings window.

display settings advanced

3. Verify that your monitor is set to the recommended, native resolution. If it's not, set it to the recommended resolution at least for this calibration process.

display settings resolution

4. Click "Color calibration" at the bottom of the advanced display settings window.

display settings color calibration

5. Click Next to start the colour calibration.

calibration1

The wizard will walk you through adjusting your colour settings. You'll:

• Set the display to the factory default colour settings, if your monitor allows you to do that
  • Adjust your display's gamma to match a sample image

calibration gamma

• Adjust the brightness and contrast

calibration brightness

Adjust the colour balance

calibration balance

At the end of the wizard, click Finish to save your settings.

calibration finish

You'll then be able to calibrate ClearType for sharper text.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, I will give this a try... 

HP Recommended

@choni1

Sure, will wait for your response.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.