Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here
Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I have simple, straight to the point question...
What cable do I need to use from my cpu to hdmi tv?
CPU has VGA port and HD++ Port.
I purchased DP port to HDMI cable but no luck. Not displaying anything on HDMI TV when cpu boots. The cable is working on my laptop's dp port to hdmi tv port.
Do I really need to use DP Male to HDMI Female adapter then HDMI to HDMI Cable?
As an update, I tried VGA Male to HDMI Female Converter then HDMI to HDMI Cable but still, no signal.
•CPU keeps automatically turning on when power cord is connected to power supply (extension cord) even after powering it down.
*(Found out that this is because of the default settings in BIOS which is in Power-on Options)
• Need to hold power button for 5 seconds just to powered down the CPU.
(Found out this is because when system is not present; or POST is not present)
• No beep on boot.I tried connecting speaker via audio jack. But I believe, there should be a built-in speaker though...
(Found out that there is a built-in speaker. No need for external speaker)
• Already reset CMOS battery by holding the reset button for 10 seconds.
(Still not sure if this fixes because I replaced mine with brand new replacement.)
• CD-ROM led button turns on after pushing the eject button but after putting CD(mp3) no more blinking led lights.
(Still not sure about this as I fixes my problem now without using optical drive as an option)
• There are three currently installed ram sticks onto DIMM3,DIMM4 and DIMM1. Still don't know the details about it as I'm still waiting for my ESD wrist strap to arrive.
(Found out that the three ram sticks are Kingston 2GB)
As an update, I replaced the CMOS Battery. Remove and clean the ram sticks gold contacts using eraser, also the DIMM slots using soft brissles toothbrush.(I tried only one ram stick on DIMM1 first)
So again, I tried the DisplayPort to HDMI Direct Cable but still no signal. I also tried DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female and then HDMI to HDMI Cable but still no signal.
I tried again the VGA Male to HDMI Female Converter(with USB power supply) then HDMI to HDMI Cable and..... it's WORKING NOW!!!
There's a boot up beep now, fan is not spinning hard than before.
My problem now is..... it was stuck on HP Logo.
I already configured the BIOS settings like language, time and date, boot order priority but still, whenever I save and exit, it just stay there.
Should I wait a little longer?...
So after a day, I tried holding power button until 20 seconds. (But I still didn't turned on the cpu)
Tried reseating ram, test all the three sticks.
DIMM1 & DIMM3 = No beep on boot, fan speeds highest
DIMM2 only = Long beep error
DIMM3 only = Long beep error
DIMM4 only = Long beep error
DIMM1 only = tried the second ram stick, no beep but fan is normal speed.
DIMM1 only = tried the third ram stick. No beep but fan is normal speed.
DIMM1 only = tried the first ram stick. No beep but fan is normal speed.
After that last trial, I turned on the LED TV to see if there's a signal even though there's no beep on start up.
I can see now the BIOS stating that there was changes on my system and the F1 save changes.
Right after that,
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.
One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency.....
There's a lot of series of Recovering orphaned file. (like a matrix thing)
Waited for like 20-30 minutes
The last line of the message was,
Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.
Then suddenly, Starting Windows showed up.
I've waited again for about 7-8 minutes and then Welcome appeared.
My computer is now WORKING!!!!
Ideas:• Installing new gpu over dead onboard gpu.
Never tried• Removing CMOS battery nor replacing.
• Connecting to other monitor.
Hope someone notice my thread.
My other related concerns:
• As I'm reading through this forum, someone posted that "dp to hdmi cable also not worked to them " i5 and i7 processors does not support onboard video."
•What's the difference between LED TV HDMI Port and Desktop Monitor HDMI Port?
•What's the difference between DP to HDMI Direct Cable (Passive/Active) and DP Male to HDMI Female (Adapter/Converter)?
• Display Port to HDMI or VGA to HDMI? What should I use? Is it cable? Is it with power supply or without? Is it adapter or converter?
•Someone posted onboard DP to VGA Cable (Direct) didn't worked also.
• CPU fan suddenly turned from slow to super fast after turning on the power button.
•Extension cord with surge protection as temporary alternative for avr because I'm still testing if the cpu is functioning.
• USB Keyboard connected to USB Port has no led light when cpu boots.
• Still not sure when cpu boots if there is a beep as I still not connecting speakers.
• Integrated/ Onboard / Dedicated Port
• 50Hz - Laptop's DP port to LED TV HDMI using DP to HDMI Cable (Directly)
• Sharp Aquos LC-24LE155M
Go to Solution.
I still have problems with DisplayPort (onboard). I saw a post here that DisplayPort is not compatible with Windows 7. Is that true?
Is that true?
So I test again the DisplayPort Male to HDMI Male Cable (Direct), it's working fine now. I have signal onto HDMI LED TV.
I also tried the DisplayPort Male to HDMI Female Adapter then HDMI Male to HDMI Male, it was also worked!
So in my case, CPU should in working fine condition before DisplayPort works.
Unfortunately, DIMM2 & DIMM4 slots are dead on my CPU.
I will just purchased another ram stick so I can install Windows 10.
One more question...
Why that there's no beep on boot but the system boots properly?
Is this one of the options that can be set on the BIOS settings?
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community