Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One Desktop PC 24-cb1000i (4N1P3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Not sure if this is the appropriate board for my question. If not, please move and inform me.

I purchased my HP All in one and and have it set-up. I would like to connect my old HP tower to the All in One.

I have connected the tower to the All in One using the HDMI ports and turned the tower on.

Nothing on my All in One indicates the tower is connected. Where on my All in One might I look for my tower?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

According to the manual, the HDMI port on the AIO is for connecting to an external monitor or a TV set. It is not designed for input

If your tower system has WiFi then it can project to the AIO.  Let me know if you want to try that.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

My tower has WiFi via my internet connection. I'd have to disconnect my All in One. I guess I could do that.

Let me ask this: what about connection HDMI via USB? HDMI on tower and USB on All in One. Would that work?

HP Recommended

Thanks for your suggestion.

As far as I know, my tower does not have WiFi.

I will just connect a monitor and copy what I want to save go USB.

Appreciate your time and help.

JEA
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.