Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Dell PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I adjust the brighness on my HP 27wm monitor?   I get the box that shows luminescence, but it will not let me adjust it.  Also, it says the display is in Eco Mode.  I cannot figure out how to change that.  My display is far too bright.  I  cannot adjust it from my PC, but I should be able to adjust the monitor itself I would think.  Also, I looked for a manual for this monitor online, and in the HP support website, but cannot find one listed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Shorty504

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Click HP My Display. Click Adjust. To adjust the brightness of the screen, click and drag the slider to the desired brightness.

Workaround:
On Windows, open the Control Panel and search for "calibrate." Under Display, click on "Calibrate display color." A window will open with the Display Color Calibration tool. It steps you through the following basic image settings: gamma, brightness and contrast, and color balance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Shorty504

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Click HP My Display. Click Adjust. To adjust the brightness of the screen, click and drag the slider to the desired brightness.

Workaround:
On Windows, open the Control Panel and search for "calibrate." Under Display, click on "Calibrate display color." A window will open with the Display Color Calibration tool. It steps you through the following basic image settings: gamma, brightness and contrast, and color balance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, that solved the problem.  We were unable there was software called HP Display, but found it in the Microsoft store after reading your reply.. It  is too bad the virtual agent couldn't tell me that, but   I am very happy that the community was there to help.

HP Recommended

@Shorty504

Thank you for posting back. 

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.