Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 25x 24.5-inch Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have 2 HP 25x monitors set up on 2 computers (work and personal). The DisplayPorts (both) are linked to my PC, and the HDMI  (both) are to my work laptop. 

The monitors are fine when both are designated to a single computer, but when I try to have one monitor for work and one for personal, the screens do not deactivate on the inactive inputs.

This causes issues as each computer thinks the other monitor is still there, so the cursor and apps still appear on inactive screens when the other computer's display is being shown. 

Is there a way for deactivate the monitor on the computer that is not in use? That way the computer thinks it is only connected to 1 screen

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
I don't know if I understood correctly, but it seems rather impossible without manual modification!
After that depends on the precise use, it's a little confusing for me
The monitors are most certainly set to auto!
So if a pc is turned on connected in display, it works with this pc because it detects the signal sent.
If the pc is on it always sends a signal!
If now a second computer is connected via HDMI, it will detect this signal, the monitor therefore receives both if the two computers are on, in order to remedy it if there is indeed the problem, you would have to open the screen menu and switch the source either to HDMI or to display.
If this is a problem with the multi display of the computer, there it will be necessary to redefine via the options of the pc (graphics card) in single screen, so that the pc is on one screen and not two!

User Guide

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-value-24.5-inch-displays/21769077/how-to

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.