Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 40L Gaming Desktop PC GT21-0000i (392G5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My new computer crashed. Running the WinDbg on the dmp file showed dxgmms2 as the failure point. That is associated with the graphics card which means updating or reinstalling the driver (perhaps). But using my HP dashboard it shows I have to updates or access to original drivers? 

How can I reinstall the Nvidia driver in case the current one is corrupted?

thank you,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

you can try an updated video driver, or also try an older version from the download page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/omen-by-hp-40l-gaming-desktop-pc-gt21-0000i/2100716...
Here, so the series according to the given number, it is not the computer specific product page

you can also try the NVIDIA driver directly, but start after the hp ones

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I was not sure about going that route since the official HP page for my particular OMEN said it had not driver options.

thank you,

HP Recommended

yes

this sometimes happens with newer models
but they are available on the series page
That said, I only see this :

NVIDIA GeForce Driver for VR

30.0.14.7262 Rev.A936.1 MBMar 10, 2022Download

NVIDIA GeForce Driver for VR

30.0.14.7141 Rev.A940.5 MBSep 10, 2021Download

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I did download that one. I've not had a crash yet so I'll wait to see for now. STrangely enough, the version they offer at the HP is completely different than the version series from the Nvidia website. Is the Nvidia website drivers compatible with HP Omen? I know these rigs sometimes come with unique parts just for HP.

thanks again!

HP Recommended

Yes, it is often advised to use the pilots since the site of his computer, the pilots are specific!!
For yours, I don't know, but I've been using nvidia drivers for a long time and generally no problem.
Most of the computers I've had, after a while there were no more hp updates, not always practical with certain games

but please let me know..
and if ok, validate the solution

so @Red_Raven  it s ok ?

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.