Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 Audio by Bang & Olufsen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello All,

I recently bought an HP Envy x360 Audio by Bang & Olufsen. I see that the keyboard has new buttons and fuctions. I wanted to know how i can take a screenshot. (There used to be the scrn button on the keyboard, but it's no longer there.) I do not like using the snipping tool, unless i am trying to snip a certain detail. Can anyone help out. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Obsidian3 The alternative default way for partial screen

1. Press the Windows key + Shift + S at the same time. ...
  2. Select the portion of your screen that you wish to grab. ...
  3. Open an image editing program.
  4. Open a new image and tap CTRL + V to paste the screenshot.

If not that, you can try Fn+Right-Shift to print screen, check if you have Prt Sc written on you right shift key for this to work.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Obsidian3 The alternative default way for partial screen

1. Press the Windows key + Shift + S at the same time. ...
  2. Select the portion of your screen that you wish to grab. ...
  3. Open an image editing program.
  4. Open a new image and tap CTRL + V to paste the screenshot.

If not that, you can try Fn+Right-Shift to print screen, check if you have Prt Sc written on you right shift key for this to work.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! It helped a lot!

HP Recommended

@Obsidian3 Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute to identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Window Key + Fn + Right shift key (Which has 'prt sc' on it)

HP Recommended

exactly what I was looking for

thanks

HP Recommended

On my Envy, which has Shift key on right hand side with  "prt sc" written on it, I had to press and hold the Fn key, then add in the Win Logo key with press and hold, then hit the right Shift key.  So in comman syntax: Fn + Win + R Shift = Print the current screen to png file which can be found in Pictures > Screenshots

HP Recommended

Every time you ask a solution for the "how to take a screenshot on the HP envy laptop" online you get an answer containing the use of the snipping tool. But here I am telling you two simple options, in two different scenarios where you simply have to take one single set and you will have your SS saved in the screenshot folder in the Pictures folder. 😉😉

1. By using the stylus (only for 2 in 1 laptop)- open the hp pen control set one of the two buttons to take a screenshot. Then every time to take take the SS bring your stylus close enough to the screen and press the designated button that you have set to take a SS, and you will have you screenshot saved as mentioned above. 😎

2. By using the keyboard - press fn+windows+prt sc(which is on the right-hand shift button), (prt sc at last), and you will have your screenshot saved as mentioned above😎

(both the methods include the taskbar into the screenshot)

I guess I have provided the solution in the way you were expecting. 😉 😉 WELCOME  😇😇

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.