Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi i am having a similar problem i just bought the same monitor yesterday and it worked for abput 20mins then went off i thought the computer had went to sleep but not it was the monitor that went off and now it doesnt show anythi g on the screen until you press a button then it screen apears back then goes blank again its the same with any button underneath it seem as thought the buttons are muddled up in some way i jave tried most things ive seen in the forums but no joy can any one help ?thanks 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jonnyfeeney
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Have you tried connecting the monitor to a different computer?

Use the following steps to make sure the video connection between the PC and monitor is good:

1. Remove the video cable from the computer and monitor.

2. Check for bent or broken connector pins or broken pins that have become lodged inside the holes of the video connector on the computer. With the monitor and computer off, straighten bent pins with a small metal tube, like the tip of an empty mechanical pencil or the tip of a retracted pen. If any of the pins have broken off from the cable and are stuck in the small holes of the video connector (on the computer), remove the broken pins using a metal sewing pin (or similar metal pin that is thin and has a point).

3. Connect another video cable to the computer and monitor. If possible use a different cable. For example, if your monitor has an HDMI connector and a DVI connector, use the other cable type if possible. If not, use a new cable of the same type.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.